It’s Time to Break Down Barriers:
Be Our Partner in Progress
Will you be our partner in progress as we continue to chip away at the barriers people with disabilities face every day?
- 37 states still have institutions that warehouse people with disabilities
- 500,000+ people with disabilities are on waiting lists for home and community-based long term services and supports
- 8 – 10 years on waiting lists for services in some states
- Up to 1/2 of the individuals killed by law enforcement are people with disabilities
- The national unemployment rate for people with disabilities is 2x that of people without disabilities
- Constantly-looming threats to programs like Social Security, SSI, and Medicaid, that provide crucial services and supports
We all want to feel valued and included. And more than anything else, we want the independence and tools to participate in our communities in ways that are meaningful it us. We believe in a future where people with disabilities have the supports they need to do this too.