Planning for the future is important for all families. You can’t do it just once. It’s an ongoing process. The Build Your Plan ® tool helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) think about and plan for their future. The interests, preferences, and skills of the person with IDD are the main focus. The tool guides you through important topics, including:
- Expressing wishes for the future in writing
- Deciding where to live and how much support is needed
- Paying for basic and other needs
- Getting a job and other daily activities
- Making daily and major life decisions
- Making friends and having good relationships
Click on Build Your Plan to get started. You can see your plan and make changes at any time.