Planning for the future is important for all families. You can’t do it just once. It’s an ongoing process. The Build Your Plan ® tool helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) think about and plan for their future. The interests, preferences, and skills of the person with I/DD are the main focus. The tool guides you through important topics, including:
- Expressing wishes for the future in writing
- Deciding where to live and how much support is needed
- Paying for basic and other needs
- Getting a job and other daily activities
- Making daily and major life decisions
- Making friends and having good relationships
Click on Build Your Plan to get started. You can see your plan and make changes at any time.