1. Get an overview of the newly established Autism NOW! Center funded by a $1.87 million grant from the Administration on Developmental Disabilities.
2. Hear from Sharon Lewis, Commissioner of the ADD, and Melody Musgrove, Director of the Office of Special Education, U.S. Department of Education. Both are speaking at this year’s plenary session.
3. Attend the closing dinner to celebrate Paul Marchand’s 38-year career and contributions to The Arc.
4. Take advantage of networking at the single biggest gathering of the year for self-advocates and families, members of The Arc, employees, board members, experts, and disability professionals.
5. Celebrate the 60th anniversary of The Arc and get excited about the next 60 years.
6. Witness the unveiling of The Arc’s new brand identity.
7. Enjoy sunny Florida and dance the night away at a party hosted by The Arc of Florida.
8. Tell your story and be part of The Archive as we record the oral histories of people involved in the intellectual and developmental disability movement.
9. Let Hammer Travel handle the headache of getting there with special travel arrangements personalized for people with disabilities.
10. Have your voice heard and participate in the future of The Arc through elections, forums, roundtable sessions, and more.
To register, visit the Convention website.