HollyRod Foundation Giving Away Free iPads to Children With Autism
Many people with iPads love all the fantastic things you can do with them. The folks at the HollyRod Foundation think children with autism should be no different.
The foundation, started by Holly Robinson Peete and Rodney Peete thirteen years ago to give a voice and a hand to those striving for quality of life when theirs has been diminished due to disease or disorders, is giving away free iPads to children with autism.
This giveaway isn’t just about handing out the latest and greatest gadget, but helping children with autism communicate with the world around them in a richer, more fulfilling way.
To find out more about the giveaway, and to download an application, visit the foundation’s webite. Don’t forget to spread the word about this to parents, self-advocates and anyone else who might be interested.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- The individual you are applying for must have a diagnosis on the autism spectrum (as identified in diagnosis report).
- Reside in the United States of America .
- Be non-verbal or minimally verbal (as identified in speech pathology report).
- Be in financial need: Gross income not to exceed $35,000 single income family or $50,000 two-income family (as identified by documentation).
- Have access to a computer and an iTunes account (some programs must be downloaded on a computer and transferred to the iPad due to size).
- A professional on your team (i.e., speech pathologist, doctor, teacher) must be willing to take responsibility of the gift card that downloads the applications.