Early registration for The Arc’s National Convention has been extended. Now you have more time to register and save up to $100 off the regular registration rate.
You don’t want to miss the incredible slate of informative sessions and enlightening speakers we have on tap for you in Washington, DC. October 25-28. Plus, we’re partnering with Inclusion Internationals to bring a global perspective to the question of what it really means to live and be included in the community for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Kathy Davis, a board member from The Arc’s chapter Noble of Indiana who helped develop The Arc of Indiana’s “Blueprint for Change” to improve service delivery in Indiana at our leadership pre-conference.
- Social Security Commissioner Michael Astrue receiving our President’s Award for his commitment to people with disabilities.
- A second special pre-conference dedicated to building a self-advocacy movement.
- Plenaries covering living and being included in the community, advocacy and policy working together for change and the key issues of choice, support and inclusion.
- A variety of sessions on topics such as aging and disability, transitioning from school to work, assistive technology and political participation.
- The Arc & Sprout National Film Festival featuring films by and about people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The Marketplace featuring Entrepreneur’s Alley which spotlights microbusinesses run by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Even if you can’t attend the entire conference, one-day and special event tickets are available at lower rates, so register now. Enjoy everything our nation’s capital has to offer, beautiful fall weather and the opportunity to learn and share with the global I/DD community. We’ll see you there!